The baby naming ceremony is one of the most joyous occasions in your life that formally welcome your child into the world. The ceremony will not only identify your child with a specific name but also celebrate the child’s existence. It is obvious that you have booked a celebrant and picked a date. But how do you make sure that the naming ceremony for your baby goes off without a hitch and becomes memorable for your family, relatives, and friends?
Here are two things you need to focus on – the preparation for the event and what you need to do on the ceremony day.
How to Prepare for the Event?
Your baby naming ceremony in Sydney is a special celebration of welcoming your child into your family and community. To make the event a memorable one, you need to make the following preparations:
- First and foremost, you need to choose your baby’s godparents. Discuss with them beforehand about the type of promises they are willing or capable to make. Don’t forget to ask them whether they are willing to speak in public and share their thoughts about your family and the baby.
- You need to pick some other members from the family and some of your special friends before figuring out how you will include and honor them on the ceremony day.
- Pay special attention to every minute detail before choosing the venue. Make sure that there are enough space and a proper shade.
- When you send out the invitations, don’t forget to mention the time your guests should arrive and the time of the ceremony. If you are aware of any chronic latecomers, it is wise that you invite them 20 minutes before you expect them to reach the venue.
- If you have plans to use candles in an outdoor venue, don’t forget to make sure that the wicks are protected from the wind. The ideal choice is to opt for candles that sit down well inside a glass container.
What Do You Need to Do on the Ceremony Day?
Usually, a baby naming ceremony in Sydney is non-religious, but if needed, your celebrant can customize a ceremony in accordance with your religious beliefs and cultural traditions. To make the event a successful one, you need to do the following things on the ceremony day:
- You need to make sure that the table to be used for signing is large enough to accommodate the certificates, register and any other thing that will be needed for the baby naming ceremony.
- Hire a professional photographer to capture the best moments of the ceremony day. Don’t forget to inform the celebrant about who is in charge of clicking the photographs.
- Make sure you take time out for a family photography session with the baby. Make a checklist beforehand to ensure no one is missed.
- You need to make sure that there are seats for older or disabled guests.
- You need to ensure that everyone present in the venue hears and sees the ceremony.
- If you want to serve alcoholic drinks before the ceremony, don’t forget to limit the amount of alcohol to be served.
By following the above-mentioned guidelines, you can not only make the most out of your baby naming ceremony in Sydney but also make sure the celebrations run smoothly.